Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Top 4 Eating Out Choices in the Area

Eating out can be game of food roulette. When you are trying to lose weight or stay lean it is always good to plan ahead, especially when it comes to eating out.  Here are my top 5 top choices in the area. Please feel free to share any of the good options that you find so others can benefit. I've included the restaurant and why I like each of these:

1.)Walnut Gorgonzola Salad-(Chianti Grill)-A tasty salad with a light dressing, good fats from the walnuts  fresh, chicken(protein). Overall good mix of nutrients!

2.)Cranberry Chicken Salad-(Doolittles)-Another yummy salad with good fats from almonds, light but delicious dressing,  good crunch to it as well.     Plenty of good protein from chicken.

3.)Chopped Chicken Salad-(Jakes)-This salad is one of my favorites. Jake's is awesome for watching a game and has awesome salads as well.  Good balance of vegetables and protein. A nice crunch with scallions , craisins, feta cheese and sweet poppyseed dressing to really give it some taste.




4.) The #3 Unwich Tuna Lettuce Wraps-Jimmy Johns- This is my favorite on the go meal. Unlike a lot of other fast food places the tuna here tastes great and there the ingredients fresh. Many clients have told me these have been lifesavers. Although I am not  a huge fan of fast food this one gets my thumbs up!

These are just a few of my favoirtes but please post any healthy choices you may have found so we can share it with others. Eating out definentely does not mean you have to blow your plan!

No comments: