Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Response To Victim Mentality Entry

BRAVO!! There is NO magic pill, food, supplement, or trainer that will take weight off or tone you up. You're the only one who can do that! Diets don't work!! It needs to be a lifestyle change. Start simple and keep a daily log of what and when you eat for a week. Be HONEST and accountable to someone. Analyze what you're about to eat. Is it a want or a need? When I first started to keep a log of what and when I ate, I was shocked at all of the junk and fast food that I ate! Do cardio 3-4 times a week. Start simple. (i.e. If you work on the 12th floor, take the elevator to the 11th floor and use the stairs to go the rest of the way. The next week, get off on the 10th floor, etc..) Walk to the mailbox or the end of the block daily. Gradually increasing the duration till you can walk the entire block. If the weather's bad, use the stairs in your house.
As for exercise there is no good excuse to not exercise. I was in a horrible head on collision that put me in a 3 month coma. Because of no movement for that length of time, I suffered severe muscle atrophie and was told that the chances of my being able to walk again were slim to none. I've completed 3 -5K's and am currently working towards my 4th, despite recent foot surgery. The secret to my success is just taking one day at a time. Celebrating the smallest achievement, learning from my mistakes, and not beating myself up when I goof.
-Susan Peters

No comments: