Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

5 Reasons Why I Love Being A Trainer!!

You hear alot of people complain about what they do for a reason or they just seem to be going through the motions at their job just so they can pay the bills. I'm lucky, I do something that I'm passionate about and love doing. I generally am excited to go to work(if you want to call it that) each day. So since I like what I do I should come up with five reasons why I love it. Well here they are:

1.)Developing solid relationships-I love becoming friends with people. How often do you spend 2-3 hours a week with someone, not very but the people I see regularly often become friends as well as clients. You get to know alot about them and their life. You become their confidant, cheerleader and friend. It's cool to go to work and hang out with your friends all day.

2.)Fitness always evolves. They say if you are not growing you're dying. I've found that the fitness industry is constantly evolving and challenging me. Which keeps me from getting bored or complacent. There are always new directions to grow and learn.

3.)Making a difference! I've seen what I do make a huge impact on people's lives. From helping someone walk again to weight loss to improving lower back pain, it's nice to know what you do has improved the lives of others.

4.)Lots of humor. In my studio we are constantly ribbing each other about music, clothing, or whatever it makes for a great environment. Even if my fellow trainers still don't get that my music rules. I think having a fun and positive atmosphere really can energize people and turn bad days into good ones.

5.)Allowing me to be creative. I was a park and rec major so programming and creativity has always been big in my book. I get to think of special workouts and programs and implement them much to my clients' dismay sometimes. Some favorites are counter terrorism training, muscle beach, and football training.

Oh I've thought of 6. Here's a bonus one...

6.)Being around other passionate people. I'm talking about the other trainers. It's energizing to be around other people with a like mindset. I think our dedication and positivity is contagious. I'm proud to have some of the best trainers in the Twin Cities at my facility.

No comments: