Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Forget prozac! Exercise works better!

Our society has become so dependent on drugs that it scares me. It seems to me anitdepressants are being given out like candy.  It seems like for many people it's the only way they cope with the stresses of life.

Just take a pill and it will be all better. 


Before those of you who are on them decide to lynch me please read on.

I know there is a place for them but they can't be the only answer. I find many people who are stressed or depressed do not have an outlet. They just keep grinding away never really knowing how to release all that crap built up inside of them.

Here's a suggestion....exercise.

I can't tell you how many times people have come into our studio in a bad state and left feeling better because they released those inner demons on the weight and the punching bags. It happens akmost  daily here.

The other day I was in a funk. I was having a pity party and begrudgingly started working out. The more I got into the workout the better I felt. After the workout I felt 100% better and had a better outlook the rest of the day.

My brother who suffers from depression and takes meds has told me that exercise has helped him and he  feels the combination is really what makes it all work. 

You don't have to do psycho workouts like me but find something. It kight be power walk ,biking or bootcamp. It's different for everybody.   The next time you are feeling in the dumps force yourself to do somehting physical.  I guarentee it will be just as effective as popping a pill.

No comments: