Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Paying the price!!

When I was in college I was a "walk on" to play football. I had two goals #1- to earn a scholarship and #2 to be a starter. God did not give me the greatest talent as he had others but he did give me discipline and the drive to work hard!

I still vividly recall buying these strength shoes which were basically running shoes on platforms that were supposed to make you jump higher, run faster and build your calves.  I would be out there in the rain at night with my cheap ghetto blaster running while my roommates and teammates were out drinking beer and partying.

Well, needless to say I accomplished those goals and it has helped me to this day.

I look back on those nights frequently and at first I didn't know why. I now realize that it was the beginning of something that would propel me forward the rest of my life. It was the willingness to pay the price!

Many people say they want to lose weight, earn a lot of money, be successful etc.  Sadly though, only a few are willing to pay the price it takes to have those things happen.  I truly believe the sweetest rewards are the ones you work the hardest for. Just look at the Olympians and their overwhelming joy when they win a medal.  All that hard work, all that "paying the price" and it has this awesome end result. 

When it comes to being successful at whatever you do, it means you have to pay the price! That might mean saying no to that piece of cake or glass of wine if you're goal is to lose weight.  It might mean getting out bed earlier to get your workout in because it is the only time you can get it done. In the business world it might mean working at an event on Saturday instead of goofing off so you can build your business.  These are just a few examples but you could apply to anything including your relationships, your spiritual growth or learning something new.

Please believe this.  Whatever big goal you want to accomplish, you need to realize that there is a price to be paid to get there. That price includes allocating time to accomplish this goal, discipline to stay focused and the willingness to endure and overcome challenges that come with the journey to get there.


When you do get there you will look back on that journey and realize that the price you paid was well worth it!

Begin the journey

Erik

No comments: